- Abstract submission opening: March, 2020
- Abstract submission deadline: 15th September, 2020 (Midnight CEST)
- Authors notification: Mid October 2020
- Congress: 27/01/2021 – 30/01/2021
The Scientific Committee will consider for acceptance abstracts that contain new science in the field of meniscus science and surgery.
Submitting an abstract does not register you for The Meniscus 2020; you must register to the Congress.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All submitters of accepted abstracts must be registered to the congress to be included in the final programme.
1. Prepare your abstract
Step 1: Prepare all the information about your abstract
Your abstract must contain:
- A title
- A list of authors with their affiliations. Please identify the first author and the speaker
- A topic
- A list of 3 key words
- The main text of the abstract, in English
Step 2: Select a topic and a type of communication
Please select the topic of your abstract, it will be helpful to the Scientific Committee. You may also choose the kind of communication you want to be considered for: an oral presentation, a poster presentation or either oral or poster presentations.
01. Multicentre studies and clinical trials
02. New surgical techniques
03. Meniscus anatomy
04. Biomechanics of meniscus repair / deficiency
05. Meniscus biology
06. Imaging of the meniscus
07. Meniscus and ACL
08. Meniscus transplantation and substitution
09. Other (including osteotomy and cartilage)
Step 3: Title
- The title must be in lowercase with a capital at the beginning
- Do not use small capitals or capitals in the title
- Do not use asterisks or notes
- Your title must be on a single line.
Step 4: Authors
You must create the list of your authors before submitting your abstracts.
Once created, you may select the authors for each abstract, change their order (initially the authors are in an alphabetical order), and select the speaker (the one who will have to be registered) as well as the first author.
Step 5: Text
- Do not insert any image or table in the abstract you submit online
- Your abstract must not exceed 400 words
- Please follow the following structure and subheadings : Purpose, Methods, Results and Discussion
- You should prepare the whole content of your abstract in an editor (Word, TextEdit, ...). You can use all classic fonts because the text will automatically be formated when submitted. Some problems may appear due to incompatibility between Mac and PC. We strongly recommend that you do not use any Greek letters but their plain counterparts: "Delta" instead of "Δ ", etc... (alpha, beta, gamma, ...).
Step 6: Validation and submission
Initially, the abstracts are registered under a "Draft" status. You can then take your time before submitting it. Only abstracts with a "Submitted" status will be forwarded to the Scientific Committee. After clicking "Submit", you will receive a confirmation of your submission by email.
2. Submit your abstract
The Abstract Submission Deadline is 1st September, 2020 (Midnight UTC+1)
Before you can submit your abstract (and go back to edit it), you have to create an account (or use your subsequent account if you have already submitted in past MENISCUS Congress).
Once you have filled in the necessary information and submitted the account registration form you will receive an email confirming the creation of your account.
After you have created your account, simply go to ‘Log into your account’ in the menu to access your abstract.
Please note: Your abstract will only be forwarded to the Scientific Committee for an anonymous reviewing once you have submitted it. Initially your abstract will be in ‘Draft’ status. To submit it, be sure to click on the green arrow next to your abstract’s title. It's status has to be 'Reviewing Process'
If you have any question regarding the abstract submission process, please send us an email (click here).